PC Consultants Ltd web site terms and conditions
Please read this carefully. By accessing the MDPromo web site ("the Site") you are agreeing to the terms that appear below. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com These Terms were last updated on 25th August 2004.
This Site is owned and operated by PC Consultants Ltd. As a user, you will be able to access material on most areas of the Site without going through a registration process. Certain areas of the Site are only open to you if you have been provided with a relevant password. There is no specific time limit applying to your access and use of the Site on these terms. However, PC Consultants Ltd reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access and use of the Site at any time. It may exercise this right with or without notice. If applicable, notice will be given to your e-mail address as notified to PC Consultants Ltd. In that event, notice will be deemed to be served three hours after transmission or posting.
Use of Content
All material on the Site (the "Content") belongs to PC Consultants Ltd or its licensors. You may retrieve and display content from the Site on a computer screen, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for your personal use. We have tried to ensure (PC Consultants Ltd has taken all reasonable steps to ensure) that all information we provide through this Site is correct at the time we included it. However, PC Consultants Ltd does not warrant the accuracy, correctness or completeness of the information on this Site. The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for your own research or independent advice.
Except as expressly set out above, you may not reproduce, modify or in any way commercially exploit any of the Content. In particular, but without limiting the general application of the restrictions contained in the preceding sentence, you may not do any of the following without prior written permission from PC Consultants Ltd:
• redistribute any of the content;
• remove the copyright or trade mark notice from any copies of Content made under these Terms;
• create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically downloading and storing all or any of the Content.
Bulletin Boards and Discussion Groups
The Site may include bulletin boards, discussion groups and other public areas that allow feedback to PC Consultants Ltd and interaction between users ("Forums"). While PC Consultants Ltd does not control the information posted to Forums (the "Messages"), it reserves the right (which it may exercise at its sole discretion without notice) to delete or re- arrange any Messages posted on a Forum by you and you waive any moral rights that you may have in regard to such Messages. You are solely responsible for the content of your Messages as posted by you on the Site. You must comply with any rules posted by PC Consultants Ltd on a Forum.
You may not:
• post or otherwise publish any Messages containing any form of advertising for goods and services;
• post or otherwise publish any Messages that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, indecent, infringe the rights of third parties or which contain any other form of illegal content;
• post or otherwise publish any Messages that contain a virus or other harmful component;
• restrict or inhibit any other user from using the Forums.
By submitting messages to any Forum you agree to indemnify and hold harmless, PC Consultants Ltd from all claims, costs and expenses (including legal expenses) arising out of any Messages as posted or published by you on the Forum that are in breach of this. By submitting Messages to any Forums you are granting PC Consultants Ltd a perpetual royalty free non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, make available, distribute and sub-license the Message in whole or in part and in print or electronic form.
Software and Java™ Security
Copyright in any software that is made available for download from the Site ("Software") belongs to PC Consultants Ltd or its suppliers. Your use of the Software is governed by the terms of any licence agreement that may accompany or be included with the Software. Do not install or use any Software unless you agree to such licence agreement.
PC Consultants Ltd may from time to time give you the option to modify your browser to enable you to access certain requested services along with other applications. In that event, a dialogue box will be shown on your screen requiring your authorisation for the modification to proceed. By clicking the 'Grant' button (or equivalent) on the dialogue box, you will allow PC Consultants Ltd to modify your browser to enable you to view the service on your screen at the same time as you work on other applications. The dialogue box may display a 'high risk' notice. The reason for this is that this modification makes it technically possible for the browser to be used by PC Consultants Ltd for other purposes.
PC Consultants Ltd guarantees to you that such modification will only be used to view the requested service with other applications and (if you have clicked on 'Remember this decision') to view in a similar way any other service you may specifically request from PC Consultants Ltd in the future.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer
Nothing in this disclaimer shall exclude or limit PC Consultants Ltd’s liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by PC Consultants Ltd’s negligence or that of its officers or employees; (ii) fraud; or (iii) any matter in respect of which it would be illegal for PC Consultants Ltd to exclude or limit or to attempt to exclude or limit its liability such as breach of contract. Please note that this applies throughout this disclaimer.
Subject to the above, access to the Site and the Content on this Site is provided for general information purposes for your own personal use and while all reasonable steps are taken to ensure that the material provided on this Site is correct at the time we included it, access to the Site and the Content on this Site is provided without any conditions, warranties, representation or other terms of any kind, whether express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise. PC Consultants Ltd does not accept any responsibility in respect of your access to, or use or inability to use, the Site or its Contents. Please verify all information before relying on it. Additionally,
• PC Consultants Ltd will not be liable for any losses, costs, claims or damages (including without limitation, damages for loss of profits), however caused, resulting from your access to or use, or inability to use the Site or any Content (i) so long as (i) there is no breach of duty by PC Consultants Ltd in respect of your access to or use of the Site; and (ii) such loss is not a reasonably foreseeable result of your access to, or use or inability to use the Site or its Contents. PC Consultants Ltd’s liability for any losses, costs, claims or damages shall be limited to a refund of the amount paid by you for the access to or use of the Site or the Contents in question.
• The Site contains links to other World Wide Web sites, either directly or through frames and, where possible, we will make clear where such links are being made. Links to third party web sites provided by independent third parties are provided solely for your convenience. Although external links are checked by PC Consultants Ltd from time to time, PC Consultants Ltd has not reviewed these third party web sites. When you access a third party site, please note that it is independent from PC Consultants Ltd and PC Consultants Ltd does not control these websites or their content. A link to a third party website does not mean that PC Consultants Ltd endorses, makes any representation abut or accepts responsibility for the content or the use of such websites. Any arrangements made between you and any third party named on this Site are at your sole risk and responsibility. However, should PC Consultants Ltd be found to be negligent or in breach in its provision of such links, PC Consultants Ltd will not seek to exclude liability.
• For the avoidance of doubt, and subject to the above, PC Consultants Ltd will not be liable for any losses, costs, claims or damages (including, without limitation, any damages for loss of profits), however caused, resulting from your access to or use or inability to use the Site or any Content on the Site where the Site or any Content on the Site is being used by you in the course of business.
PC Consultants Ltd will never sell personal information or share personal information with third parties unrelated to PC Consultants Ltd. At PC Consultants Ltd we use the information we collect to serve our customers in the following ways:
• How customers use PC Consultants Ltd and the feedback they give us helps us develop and enhance the site.
• If you respond to a promotion or competition we will ask for your name, address and e-mail address. This is so that we can fulfil the promotion, notify competition winners and track the popularity of our marketing activity.
• We may also use your contact information to let you know about enhancements to the site, special offers and promotions. If you would rather not receive this information please inform us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to these Terms
PC Consultants Ltd reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of the Site. When terms are changed, PC Consultants Ltd will [notify you by e-mail] or by publishing details of those changes by including them at the end of these Terms (see "Changes to these Terms"). If you use the Site and PC Consultants Ltd has published or notified you of the changes, you are agreeing now to be bound by those changes. If you do not agree to be bound by those changes, you should not use the Site any further after they are published at the end of these Terms or after you (receive notice) of them.
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English Law, and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Events Beyond Our Control
We will not be responsible for any breach of this Contract caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
• You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms.
• If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
• Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
• The Trade Marks, service marks, and logos (the 'Trade Marks') used and displayed on this Site are registered and unregistered Trade Marks of PC Consultants Ltd and others.
• Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trade Mark displayed on the Site, without written permission from PC Consultants Ltd. The name of PC Consultants Ltd may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on this Site, without prior, written permission.
• PC Consultants Ltd prohibits use of PC Consultants Ltd logo as a 'hot' link to the site unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by PC Consultants Ltd in writing.